Toasted Sesame Tofu with Green Ginger Broth
First of all, we would like to say thank you to the very talented Amanda from My Goodness Kitchen for kindly sharing this beautiful recipe with us. This is vegan food on a whole new mouth-watering level. Thank you Amanda xx
- 150 grams medium tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon tamari + 1 tablespoon for broth
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup + 1 tablespoon for broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 packet organic udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or black chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 up brewed green tea
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, peeled and halved
- a small handful of chives or greens thinly sliced
Method Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a saucepan bring the brewed and strained green tea, one tablespoon of rice syrup, one tablespoon of tamari, ginger and sea salt to the boil for three minutes. Set aside.
Combine one tablespoon of tamari, one tablespoon of rice syrup and the sesame oil in a small bowl. Combine sesame (or chia) seeds in a separate bowl and slice tofu into even cubes.
Dip the tofu into the tamari mix and roll in the sesame seeds. Place on lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
Cook the udon noodles as per packet instructions. When ready rinse with cold water and drain well.
After removing the tofu from the oven allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Place a serving of udon noodles in a bowl and carefully place the tofu on top. Ladle green tea broth around the outer edges of the bowl until you can just see it through the noodles. Spoon the remaining tofu marinade on the tofu and sprinkle with chives to serve.